Sunday 21 July 2013

Hello Sunday

Today's cards are two of the quickest simplest cards I think I've ever made. I bought the butterfly washi tape a few weeks ago to use on my scrapbook pages as I love using butterflies across my pages to add movement. It's so pretty I thought I could use it on a card too and had a play around and made this card.




I thought it looked so clean and appealing I made another similar card, but this time using the colours from this CAS-Colours & Sketches challenge. I love the cool and classy colours and added a favourite sentiment that seemed fitting.



Supplies:
Ink: Ranger distress ink, cruched olive, frayed burlap
Stamps: Uniko Studio, Background Builders Round In Circles; Kaiser Craft, Life Sentiments
Card & paper: from my stash
Washi: from my stash
Punch: Martha Stewart, butterflies 
Embellishments: glossy accents

Back to yesterday's plans.  Well it was certainly cloudier than it has been, but still almost as hot.  Nevertheless I made four more patchwork stars and sorted all my squares into sets ready to sew.  Seems my maths is not too good as I need to cut more of the cream squares that are in every star and I'm not sure I bought enough fabric - oops! As this is my first major patchwork project I suppose I should expect the odd hiccup. Looking on the bright side it does give me an excuse to revisit the shop and get my fabric fix - I just love touching all the fabric bales, so pretty!

Thanks for looking.

Jane

3 comments:

  1. The washi tape is so pretty! You've created two nice cards with it. Thanks for sharing them with us at CAS - Colours and Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards - thanks for playing along this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the colours from our colour challenge at CC&S. That is such pretty washi tape - it's something I'm getting into too! Thanks for playing along this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.