Saturday 27 July 2013

Saturday love

On Tuesday this week I went to Stitchcraft Studio to learn all about foundation piecing patchwork, a workshop taught by Sue Atkinson.
This was a new concept for me and basically consists of using a paper diagram to add pieces of fabric sewing as you go.  During the day's workshop I managed to complete four of the panels and started the fifth.
All fired up from a lovely day's sewing I set to at home over the next couple of days to get it all finished - though as it's Christmas themed I suppose there was really no rush, but I do like to get on and finish what I've started! 
As you will see from the photos my Christmas colours are not very traditional. I wanted to use this banner as a table runner for my coffee table and my lounge tree is artificial and decorated in browns, golds and greens - so maybe that makes more sense now.  I do also have a real tree in the conservatory where it's cooler and I stick to the more usual reds, golds and greens there. I'll have to remember to link back to this page when I put my trees up in December.





Hope you like it and thanks for looking!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.