Monday 21 April 2014

Monday Moment

My focus for today is the new challenge at Less is More - something that makes you smile.

So my first thought was purple - no surprise there! Then I remembered a dress I had seen that had red flowers on a purple background and what a stunning colour combination it was. And that was where I began.

Sometime later - totally lost track of the time - three cards were made and I was definitely smiling.

First of all I made this card which made me smile because I love this bicycle and the idea of flowers floating out of the basket and of course the colours are purple and red.


Then I made this card which includes butterflies - they always make me smile when they appear with the sunshine in my garden. And I just love the curly letters in the sentiment.


Lastly I made this card with a stamp of a very contented and smug looking cat - his smile makes me smile.


An entire afternoon completely lost playing in my craft room using lots of favourites things. So what's not to smile about?

Supplies:
Card 1:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Good Times & Design A Tree
Inks: Memento, lady bug, grape jelly
Washi tape from my stash
Card 2:
Stamps: SU, Papillon Potpourri; Uniko Studio, All Occasion Sentiments #3
Inks: Memento, grape jelly
Die: SU butterfly
Embellishments: Mei Flower gems & washi tape from my stash
Card 3:
Stamps: Penny Black, Purrfect Day
Inks: Memento, tuxedo black
Promarkers: violet, marsh green, meadow green, crimson
Washi tape from my stash

So now to pick which card to enter for the challenge ...

Thanks for dropping by today.

Jane
 ***  

6 comments:

  1. Great cards Jane, I love the colours together and that cat is fab! Wishing you a happy Easter! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane what a fabulous trio!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely set of cards. It's a lovely image of flowers floating from the bike basket. I love the expression of the cat, so mellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that your cards definately made me smile, also. Love the FAB color combo, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - didn't you have a productive afternoon. As I scrolled down, each card looked as great as the one before, but I think two and four are my personal faves ... who can resist a happy cat & I love your band of red with purple butterflies they're a great combination on the white card
    Cheers, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great bunch of cards!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.