Saturday 5 July 2014

Saturday Scribbles

Welcome to my blog and a Happy Saturday to you all.  Today I have a card and two scrapbook pages to share.

First up is the card I made for Make the Day Special's current challenge using the colours from Colour Q. Yep, I've managed to combine a couple of challenges - getting better at this.


http://makethedayspecialcards.blogspot.co.uk/p/challenges.html        http://colourq.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/colourq-challenge-248.html

As I've only been blogging a little over a year I didn't have to go too far back to look and I suppose my style hasn't really changed all that much. Although there were some really dreadful examples on my early posts I'm CASEing this card from back in September because it really jumped out at me as being an early example of me achieving a CAS card. And I really didn't want to have to CASE something I didn't like!

  

For some reason the colours and the picture from Colour Q made think a home themed card was appropriate, so out came the really cute lawn fawn stamps again.

I kept the diagonal line of the elements from the original card but used a banner negative with the sentiment stamped under in place of the washi tape and stamped zig-zags to echo the washi in place of the awesome sentiment.

Instead of cutting and mounting the two little hearts onto pads I blinged them up with Wink of Stella.  Finally I mounted the whole thing onto a blue card base. 



I'm pleased with how it turned out so maybe I should try CASEing some more of my older cards - well maybe another day. 

Supplies:
Stamps: lawn fawn, Home Sweet Home
Inks: Memento, lady bug, bahama blue, nautical blue
Card: AC, kraft cardstock; blue card from my stash
Die: Clearly Besotted, Tag Along
Embellishment: Wink of Stella, clear

Co-incidentally the colours on my original card were also from Colour Q. So here they are side by side for comparison:
 

Now for my scrapbook pages.  These are the first two about my recent trip to visit my grandsons and watch their Sports Day.  Originally I'd planned to make a mini book about the visit and ordered some journalling cards with that in mind. 

Then I watched this brilliant video from Shimelle and decided to go with some Project Life style pages instead. I'm so envious of all the scrappers who are able to keep these amazing records of how their and their children's lives unfold. Never even knew scrapbooking existed back in the 1970/80's when my kids were babies and Project Life just doesn't quite fit the lifestyle of two pensioners! 

So I grabbed this opportunity enthusiastically and am thoroughly enjoying creating in this style with all its opportunities to journal and embellish. Here are the two pages I've completed so far - another two in the pipeline.



And just look at the choatic state of my craftspace as I work on the next page:


The irony of a usually tidy organised person working in this pile up of goodies is not lost on me!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog this Saturday.  I'll be back tomorrow with the next AAA Cards challenge - it'll be another great one, be sure to check it out!

Jane
 ***

3 comments:

  1. Your two cards are terrific and the scrapbook pages are so fun to look at, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really fabulous CASE of your original card Jane - I love the frame around the sentiment.
    Thanks for playing in our challenge this month - it seems to have scared a lot of people off!
    Tara
    Make the Day Special Stamp Store
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great CASE of your original card and love the CAS design too :0)
    Thanks for sharing it with us at MtDS monthly challenge x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.