Saturday 19 July 2014

Saturday Slot

I've had such a busy week ferrying people to appointments every day, apart from Thursday when I escaped to the hils of Derbyshire.  So I'm looking forward to a bit of a slow down over the weekend and hopefully into next week too!

So to kick start the weekend today's card is clean, simple and relaxed just as I intend to be.  I made it during one of the brief spells I was actually at home and used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches. It's such a me sort of sketch and I really enjoyed chilling out in my craftroom stamping, cutting and sticking this card.

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/freshly-made-sketches-145-sketch-by.html 
I got to use loads of my favourites - stitched dies, stamped banners, pretty pinks - and also tried out a new stamp set that involves a double stamping of both the flowers and leaves.


And here's a closer look at the detail.  There is a die for the flowers and leaves, but as it's out of stock at the moment I hand cut them instead. Am thinking they look fine.


Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Bridal Bouquet, Diagonal Stripes & sentiment from Pretty Petals Plus
Inks: SU, melon mambo, pear pizzazz, old olive; Memento, angel pink, tuxedo black
Dies: Clearly Besotted, Tag Along; Lil'inker, stitched mats rectangles; lawn fawn, stitched party banners

Thanks for dropping by today.  Have a brilliant and relaxing weekend.

Jane
 ***  

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun new set, love what you did with it! Cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Jane! I adore how clean and crisp you card is. The flowers are adorable……hmmmm, I forsee another shopping spree from Clearly besotted coming up!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty, pretty. Those stamps are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers and leaves are so soft and pretty! And I love all of that clean white space. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.