Thursday 31 July 2014

Thursday Thoughts

You may have spotted the button on the right hand side of my page that says I've been a guest designer at The Memory Nest and yesterday there was a little feature about me on their blog. Just want to say thanks to Leslie for this! Such a thrill to be part of their team for July and I'm thinking I probably ought to make a scrapbook page about it!

But for today a card to share that I made using the colours from ColourQ.  They are so Christmassy, reflecting the trend to do Christmas in July.

http://colourq.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/colourq-challenge-252.html 

Well I wasn't sure I was ready to embrace Christmas card making just yet, but my card is nuetral enough to be used either for a birthday or Christmas so I've kept my options open.


I stamped a border of tiny brown circles at the bottom of my card and then added a white, twine wrapped, punched layer on top. The present was stamped and the bow coloured and added with foam pads onto a die cut kraft card circle. I finished off with a greeting and some sprinkles.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, A Gift For You, Background Builders, Round In Circles
Inks: SU, real red; Memento, rich cocoa
Pen: Promarker, leaf green
Die: Lawn Fawn, Stitched Party Banner
Punch: ek success
Embellishment: doodlebug sprinkles, day to day asst; twine from my stash

Thanks for looking. Enjoy your day - almost the weekend! 

Jane
 ***


4 comments:

  1. It's so cute - as always. I'm amazed at how you take ideas and make such great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever being able to use this for Christmas or birthday! Gorgeous design and I love the tiny circles border!. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Your layout is divine and I love the little circles stamped at the bottom. The present is adorable too! SO glad that you chose the CQC colors for your project this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet layout!!! Present is adorable!!! Congrats on your feature, well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.