Wednesday 23 July 2014

Wednesday Words

After my guest designer spot at Less Is More last week I'm back to entering their challenges again this week. 

      We'd love you to display our banner

The inspiration is the song 'Singing in the Rain' which immediately had me reaching for my Clearly Besotted umbrella die. I cut it three times so that I could paper piece the top layer in bright cheery colours - the happy singing in the rain feel!


I then planned out the rest of my card by stamping on scrap paper first.  This helped me to work out the spacing and placement of the different elements and also gave me the idea to restamp without re-inking to get the different shades of black.  I then went ahead and stamped straight onto a die cut tag.



All that was left to do was to stamp the sentiment onto a circle which I lifted with foam pads.  I took a marker round the eges of the circle and tag just to give them a bit more emphasis against the white cardstock.  I also added a small banner as I felt it balanced the look of the card better.

Suppplies:
Stamps: lawn fawn, Hello Sunshine
Inks: SU, wild wasabi,pool party, melon mambo stamp'nwrite pen; Memento, tuxedo black
Ppaper: doodlebug, kraft in color
Dies: Clearly Besotted, April Showers; Lil'inker, Anytime Tags
Punch: Woodware, circle

Thanks for looking at my blog today. As always it makes my day to think people have spent some of their precious time here.

Jane
 ***


2 comments:

  1. Fun and cute card Jane!
    Thank you so much for joining in this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you contribution as GD last week Jane... this is fabbo too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.