Sunday 3 August 2014

AAA Cards Game 14 - PLAY

This week we're inviting you to PLAY with watercolours - such a hot trend at the moment. And I'm loving the purple and turquoise colour combo on the game card!

 

For my inspiration sample I made a mini card that could be used as a gift tag attached to a thank you or just because type present for someone in your life.


I started by preparing my watercolour background in hot shades of pink and orange.  I used an acrylic block, applied ink to it and then spritzed it with water before stamping onto watercolour card. I know you're probably all pros at watercolours, but just in case someone is new I can't stress how important it is to actually use watercolour card.  I tried standard card for my first attempts and ended up with a muddy looking ugly mess - just had to bite the bullet and buy the proper supplies!

Once the background was dry - the one big downside about watercoloured backgrounds if you're impatient like me - I then stamped the butterfly and sentiment in a contrasting turquoise. I love this colour clash!


The butterfly was then well sparkled with Wink of Stella which looks so pretty in real life but doesn't show at all in photographs.

I added a band of ribbon and a trio of sprinkle dots before matting it all onto black ribbed card - another striking colour contrast.



Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, English Country Garden Butterflies; Clearly Besotted, sentiment from Design a Tree
Inks: SU, tangerine tango, melon mango, tempting turquoise
Embellishments: doodlebug sprinkles, blue jean asst; Wink of Stella, clear; ribbon from my stash

So now it's over to you. Can't wait to see all your ideas and if the response is as good this time as in July I'll have a bumper fun time hopping round all your blogs.

Thanks for visiting today. Enjoy having a PLAY!

Jane
 ***

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors and you great layout. Beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card - yep WOS never shows on photos but does look fabulous IRL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Your techniques are always so well executed! Good info too, I still try to use heavy card stock now and again- can be tricky. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 'clash' of colours! More wonderful inky inspiration & FABulous use of the butterfly :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.