Sunday 18 October 2015

Sunday Slot

I've been meaning to scrap this photo of my husband, taken in August, for some time now. And finally I've discovered a sketch that seems right. It's from Boys' Rule and is from their September challenge.

http://boysrulescrapbookkits.blogspot.ca/2015/09/sk-with-laura.html

This is such an amusing photo and really typifies an Englishman on holiday. He just hates getting sand on him and spent the whole morning sitting on the wall watching the rest of us scrabbling and paddling.


I replaced the stars with cogs - can't you just see his brain cogs whirring? So funny!


I actually stitched the dotted lines from the sketch and added a bit of stamped grunge to help the flow of the eye across the page.


I think the only thing I really altered from the sketch are the horizontal banners which I kept straight as this seemed to balance the large photo better.

Supplies:
Papers: AC, Rise & Shine; scraps from my stash
Stamps: Collage Press, Official Record; SU, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink: SU, wisteria wonder
Dies: Spellbinders, sprightly sprockets; Xcut, stars
Alphas: Simple Stories, So Fancy & Snow Fun 

 Thanks for dropping by today.  And keep crafting!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and fabulous layout!! LOVE the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great tae o the sketch, love the stitching! Thanks for joining us at Boys Rule!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.