Sunday 23 October 2016

AAA Cards - #76 Masculine

Time to tackle that most tricky aspect of card making at AAA Cards this next fortnight. Yes that's right we're wanting masculine cards!

http://aaacards.blogspot.com/2016/10/cas-game-76-masculine.html

And with all the males in my family it's a challenge I have to deal with on a regular basis, so as you can imagine my card just flew together.


Mmm, seems I've been a bit hooked recently on this straight line across with bits added above and below style of card. Such a quick, easy and, I'm thinking, eye pleasing design I totally couldn't resist rolling it out again.


So this time I started with a pencil line where I intended to place the strip of washi tape and stamped and embossed the sentiment before using ink directly from the pad. My favourite embellishment - a trio of enamel dots - just finished it all off. 

Supplies:
Stamps: HLS, Mix Mash
Inks: Ranger distress, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch; Versamark
Embossing: Ranger Superfine, white 
Embellishments: MME enamel dots, now and then; washi from my stash

Another card into my 'for the boys' stash. And now it's your turn to add one to yours. Pop over and take a look at the wonderful inspiration from the AAA Cards DT and our Guest Designer Joyce from Cards-by-the-Sea. You'll be filled with wonderful ideas and want to get crafting immediately!

Huge thanks for visiting my blog today, I really appreciate you taking the time.  And keep crafting!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. I really like this design you use and keep meaning to use it myself, perfect vibrant colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great CAS card and the pop of colour with the washi tape is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how striking the colors are on the white card. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, this is a great masculine card! Love the swipes of color above and below the washi, and those dots are perfectly placed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your design, and the colors are simply perfect for a masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so now you're the washi AND straight line queen Jane :) It works though - and it's amazing how many ideas you come up with using such a simple design. This one is great. And totally man worthy :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do guy cards so well Jane. Love your washi stripes and clever BG. Super neat, super classy and super CAS. Great for loads of occasions but particularly those guys! Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.