Monday 13 March 2017

Uniko - A Favourite Watercolour Technique

Hello everyone! I'm here today sharing a little photo tutorial of my favourite way to use watercolours.  I keep saying it's my favourite technique with water colours so I thought it was about time I explained it in more detail just in case you'd like to give it a try yourself.

Here's the finished card:


1. Gather your supplies:


2. Add a splodge of ink from each of your colours onto an acrylic block. I've used three, but four also works well as you can put a splodge in each corner.


3. Spray the block with water. Try not to move the block now as at this stage you don't want the colours to mix. The next thing to do is to place some watercolour paper on top of the block, trying hard to get the block right in the middle of the card - a bit tricky as you can't actually see the block.
 

4. Now you can smooth all over the paper to get the colours to mix and then pick up the card and turn it over to discover the unique pattern you've created. Always a special moment!


5. The hardest bit - leave the watercolours to dry thoroughly. Then you can grab your stamps and experiment with their placing.


6. Once you're happy you've got the stamps where you want them, go ahead and ink them up and finish off your card.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, I Love Tea
 ILOVEteaPP
Inks: Adirondack, raspberry, pool, sailboat blue
Embellishments: sequins from my stash

I've got a bit more about how the stamping on this card was achieved over at the Uniko blog - here. Maybe you'll find time to pop over and check it out.

Thanks for your time today, I really hope you've enjoyed my post and will maybe give this technique a try. 

And keep crafting! 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. That splash of color is absolutely FAB! It's the perfect way to make a big statement without all the work of watercoloring. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, and two fab techniques! I love this watercolour technique, so effective and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.