Tuesday 12 December 2017

Uniko December Release - Introducing Spring Botanicals: Snowdrop & Scattered Polka Dots Large Background

Welcome to my blog today and have I got gorgeousness to share with you! Today the Uniko DT are introducing the first two new stamps sets from the upcoming December Release.

  

My first sample card uses the very beautiful snowdrop stamp set. I decided to keep things nice and understated and simply stamped the snowdrop and then highlighted it by inking up a couple of circles around it.


I chose icy blues as the snowdrop tends to be the very first flower that appears in my garden and often has ice, frost and sometimes even snow to contend with.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Spring Botanicals: Snowdrop
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black; SU, soft sky; Ranger Distress, faded jeans 

My next card uses both the stamp sets being introduced today and uses a little warmer colour tones.


I stamped the polka dots using a kaleidacolor ink set in baby pastels and then stamped the snowdrop on top.  I coloured both the snowdrop and the entiment strip in a pale grey. Then I matted it all onto a bright pink card base to brighten everything up.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Spring Botanicals: Snowdrop, Scattered Polka Dots Large Background
Inks: Mememnto, tuxedo black; Kaleidacolor, Baby Powder
Pens: Copic, N1, B02 

My final share for today uses one of the sentiments from the snowdrop stamp set and those polka dots all jazzed up in hot sunshiny colours.


The bright orange cardstock is a bit of a daring colour for me, but I thought it matched in with the rest of the card really well.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Scattered Polka Dots Large Background, Spring Botanicals: Snowdrop
Inks: Kaleidacolor, Desert Heat; Versafine, onyx black
Dies: MFT Die-namics, Stitched Fishtail Flags, Stitched Jumbo Fishtail Banner

Thanks so much for looking today and be sure to come back tomorrow for the next introductions. In the meantime I know you'll be having fun visiting and admiring the talent of the rest of the Uniko DT whilst you swoon over the brilliance of Bev's artistry in designing these new stamp sets.

And keep (Christmas) crafting!

post signature

9 comments:

  1. What a super set of cards! I can't wait to get my large polka dot background - I LOVE the bold polka flag card. The simplicity of the first snowdrop card is just fab too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trio of lovely cards, Jane! Your showcases of the snowdrop are gorgeous! Your vibrant polka dot card banner is perfect for highlighting both that set and the wonderful sentiment. Orange isn't a colour I use often either, but after seeing the impact it has here, you have me reconsidering!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards.
    I think my favorite is the first.
    I love how the flowers are off to
    the side and enclosed in the circle.
    the orange polka dots are fun.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous Jane ! Love all of them ! It goes from the delicate one with this soft blue circles to highlight the snowdrops to the bright and vivid colours of those beautiful polka dots, without forgetting a mix of the two with your second awesome card ! Wonderful showcase ! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s a wonderful set of cards ! margessw@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh love how each of the cards get more colourful and jazzier! Lovely inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  7. another great collection of awesome cards - love the first card and how the snowdrops are set in the circle:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such contrasts Jane; the delicate colour combo of the first one with the serene snowdrop right down to the bold orange dotty detailed banner! Gorgeous use of your dies and super eyepopping designs!x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.